Sunday, November 2, 2014

Tied by Emma Chase

I haven't written a review in ages. Just haven't had the time. Real life. I'm sure you know what I mean. I'm trying to catch up, little by little. I can't commit to cover reveals and blog tours anymore and my reading has definitely slowed down. There's no way I'll meet my 2014 Goodreads challenge this year. But still, I persevere. So, in an effort to catch up on some reviews, here's a review of Tied in all it's hilarity by Emma Chase.

OOOOO - OMG!!!!!

"Nobody does it better.
Makes me feel sad for the rest.
Nobody does it half as good as you
Baby, you're the best."

And that's exactly the way I feel about Emma Chase's ability to tell a story from the man's point of view. No doubt about it, this is her specialty. I once asked Emma how she was able to channel the inner thoughts of her male characters. She replied that she had many male friends in those formidable teen years and they held nothing back. Well, thank goodness for those male friends. They certainly contributed to Emma’s well-crafted, zany, laugh out loud, storytelling madness!

Drew is certainly a character like no other. He’s crude. He’s lewd. He’s proud. And he’s damn full of smokin’ HOTNESS! And he knows it. Drew is the epitome of everything I HATE in a man, yet I LOVE him so much! Why is that, you may ask? Drew makes me laugh out loud. All. The. Time. He knows when he’s fucked up and admits his mistakes. He’s fiercely loyal.

And when he finally loves…he loves with his whole entire being.  He most definitely found his match in Kate.  How could he not resist her?

Tied wraps up this hilarious series into a neat, tidy, yet deliciously naughty bow. It’s perfectly sublime. Our boy Drew has grown up. He’s a husband and father now (not necessarily in that order). I’m so proud of him. Has it changed him? Somewhat. But he’s still the Drew we know and love. And I have no doubt that he always will be. Kate is in for one wild ride. Lucky lady!

So, Emma, I’ll say it again. Nobody does it better! Baby, you’re the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment