Saturday, March 29, 2014

Francine's Guest Review - Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover

I'm super excited to present to you my very first guest reviewer ever, as well as good friend, neighbor, and soon to be published author, Francine Richetti. We are both HUGE Colleen Hoover fans. Francine is the person who first recommended that I read Slammed, and well, any CoHo fan knows what happens after you read Slammed, you can't help but read every single book ever published by Colleen!

Title: Maybe Someday
Author: Colleen Hoover
Release Date: March 18, 2014

Francine's delightful two cents:

I start reading. I meet Ridge. I meet Sydney. I meet Warren (Who by the way I love.) I sense a love triangle from the get go. Okay, this is going to get messy. Cool. I like messy. I am cruisin, sippin on a diet Pepsi to channel my inner CoHo and BAM! Page 49. Well... I didn't see that little twist coming. But it was a non issue for them, so it was a non issue for me... until...
"Can you replenish your trust for 5 minutes? I want to hear your voice." I. Gasped. The first of many. Because their non-issue just became something breathtaking.

But then I laughed again. "GET... YOUR... SH*T... OUT... OF... THE...KITCHEN!" That was funny :)

This is so hard to write spoiler free. Ugh.

Then I meet Maggie. I want to hate her. But I can't, no matter how hard I try. Dang it CoHo!!! Why can't I hate her. Why do I wish she was my friend? Why do I want her to leave? Why do I want to hug her?

The relationships that Hoover creates are genuine. She invites you into the heads and hearts of Sydney and Ridge. Ridge's honesty if simply beautiful. And I just love Sydney, not because she is anything special, but because she is something incredibly special to him. And you want him to have her. I want him to have her, even though he shouldn't, or should I say... he won't. Because he won't do that to "her." Which makes you love Ridge even more. I actually hurt for him. And as much as I wanted to jump in this book and grab Warren to help me shake this boy, I knew he would never hurt her. And that made me sad. For all of them. Because none of them were living the life they were meant to live.

The conflict that she creates is heartbreaking. This was a beautiful story of loving, falling in love and knowing the difference. As soon as I heard the lyrics that Sydney wrote, I knew. I just don't know if they could ever be.

Dang it!!! Don't read past here if you don't want to read anything that may "Hint." Don't miss out on this gem. Absolutely fantastic read. would recommend it, and read it, over and over and over. But if you like to torture yourself... scroll down and read on!

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

I love Sydney and Ridge. I love them apart... which makes loving them together all the more.

Sometimes hearts beat in unison and sometimes they alternate... filling the gaps. You don't even know that something is even missing until one day... all the gaps are filled. And when those two hearts are together, it's like one continuous beat.

I love how they tried not to "Not like" each other by sharing flaws. I love that Ridge told her that "He can't hear his own farts." LMAO

I love how they communicated. I couldn't write that up top on this review because that would be a spoiler :) But I knew that the "Written" conversations were going to come back with a vengeance. But I love how Maggie could not find one word that would make what he did wrong.

I love how he loves her. He doesn't know it yet, he's too busy trying to figure out why seeing her with anyone else but him makes his heart hurt.
"And therein lies the problem, Sydney. You should be able to screw whoever you want to screw, and I shouldn't give a sh*t."
I love that she hurt for him. She didn't want him to be so torn. Because, she loved him too :)

I love that Warren doesn't like her.
I love that Warren warns her.
I love that Warren loves her.

I love Pine-sol.

I love the meaning of the Band Name Sounds of Cedar.

I love that he failed at trying not to fall in love. But she failed first.

I love that the first time she hears his voice he tells her, "I... will never... regret you." gasp. gaspity gasp gasp!!!

"She did forgive him." Did I mention I love Maggie?

I also love Brennan. "He can't hear what I'm saying right now, so I'll take this opportunity to tell you Ridge is full of sh*t."

I Loved, yes with a capital L.... Loved this story. Simply. Loved. It.

Thank you, Francine for that AWESOME review! I simply can't wait to read this book because I have not one single doubt that it will land at the top of my "favorite books ever" list.

As I'm sure most of you already know, Colleen Hoover worked closely (lucky lady) with Griffin Peterson of American Idol fame to provide us with some fabulous reading music. Two very talented people working together to bring us books and music together. What more could we possibly ask for!


Of course, I don't know them personally, but they both appear to be amazingly selfless people. This world could sure use some more Colleen's and Griffin's. I hope you will support their art by clicking on the links below.

Amazon Links:

Kindle:  http://amzn.to/1g6u1bI
Paperback: http://amzn.to/1htWDXM
mp3 Downloads: http://amzn.to/1nyhemr

Send some love to Colleen and Griffin:

Facebook:

Colleen Hoover: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorColleenHoover
Griffin Peterson: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Griffin-Peterson/253143828060081

Twitter:

Colleen Hoover: https://twitter.com/colleenhoover
Griffin Peterson: https://twitter.com/GriffinPete

Websites:

Colleen Hoover: http://colleenhoover.com/
Griffin Peterson: http://www.griffinpeterson.com/

And now a shameless plug for my friend...visit Francine's author page on Facebook to read a teaser from her first upcoming release, Between Henry and Clinton. Rest assured, you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment