Sunday, July 7, 2013

Review - Rock the Heart by Michelle Valentine

OOOO - Yes! Yes! Yes!

Love tattooed, bad-boy rock stars with sweet gentle souls?

Adore romances involving reconnecting with your first love?

Then get ready to have your heart rocked and your world shattered!

Because this is the book for you!

Once upon a time, there was a boy and a girl in high school. And they fell in love. The boy wanted to be a rock star. The girl wanted to go to college. So she left him. And he became a quite a success. Then four years later, they meet again. And here’s where the story begins…

I must admit, upon first meeting Noel, I really didn’t like him too much. Nope, not too much at all.
“This next song goes out to the girl who shredded my heart without hesitation back in high school. It's called Ball Busting Bitch, and Lanie this one's for you.”
As you can see, he was a real d*#k to Lanie. Sure, she broke his heart once upon a time, but did he have to be such an a$$ about it four years after the fact?! Grow up! Get over it! He had tons of women falling at his feet.

But he really wanted only one. So, he redeemed himself. He said this:
“Lane.” The way he says my name makes my toes curl. “I’m still crazy over you. I know it’s been a while, but it feels like just yesterday when you walked out of my life. When you left me, I was so empty. There was this huge, gaping hole in my heart that no one could fill. I tried to get over you. I really did, but you were always there. Every woman I kissed was you.”
And then I fell! SWOON!!! I mean, O.M.G. This boy really laid all his cards out on the table for her to see.

But Lanie was still being cautious. And I can certainly understand why. I mean, who doesn’t love a bad boy rock star?!
 “Everyone wants a piece of him.”
Would she ever trust him? Could she ever trust him?
“The life of a rock star is unreal.”
I understood her dilemma. But I still so badly wanted them together. His first real love. Her first real love. High school sweethearts. How romantic is that! If only she would listen to Aubrey, her best friend.
“You should be ecstatic right now. Reconnection with your first love is something people dream about and you’re getting that.”
How many people actually get the chance to reconnect with their first true love?

This story had quite a few ups and downs and backs and forths. But I whole heartedly enjoyed the musical ride. Meeting Black Falcon’s diverse band members combined with amusing banter between characters and Lanie’s inner monologues further added to my fondness for this book.
“I don’t get where he gets off thinking he should be able to have his cake and eat it too because news flash, this cake store is fucking closed.”
Then throw in some mystery and you’ve got me hook, line and sinker! I definitely had the feeling that Noel was hiding something and oh my, he sure was. The tension between Noel and Riff, one of his band mates was nearly tangible. And when the s*#t hit the fan, my heart broke for all of them. Add a skanky b*@#h to the mix and you have the makings of one helluva story.

I will never tire of sexy rock god stories and Noel Falcon is no exception! So if you’re looking for a swoony summertime beach read, pick this one up. You won’t be disappointed.

Click below to purchase Rock the Heart for only .99 pennies!

Happy Reading!





2 comments: