Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day Ramblings of Love & Presents

Happy Mother's Day to all of you beautiful moms out there. It's the toughest job in the world but absolutely the most rewarding and I wouldn't trade my mom job in for anything else. My two beautiful daughters make my everyday so much brighter. Who would have thought my heart could hold so much love!

Speaking of love, I just love presents, don't you? And not just Mother's Day presents. Surprises from amazing authors & fabulous friends are just as exciting! Here are a few of the goodies I've received this past year:

This swag pack recently came from C.M. Stunich during her release event for Losing Me, Finding You. It arrived along with a very thoughtful letter thanking readers for supporting her writing and encouraging email contact with her about any questions, comments, or concerns. This is what I adore most about the indie author community. The authors are so lovely and thankful. They don't take their readers for granted and are committed to reaching out to us. I'm forever grateful to my friends who have helped me discover this fabulous community of authors, bloggers, and book lovers.


Look at this fabulous Connected cover card signed by Kim Karr and the stunning cover models. This is one of my favorite book covers. It speaks volumes to me. I was fortunate enough to receive an ARC of Connected to review. If you haven't yet read this amazing romance with a twist, I highly recommend it! You can see my review here.
 

This signed copy of Caught Up In Us by the lovely Lauren Blakely was won in a contest from The SubClub. I haven't had a chance to read it yet but it's on my forever growing TBR list.


Another signed book, Barely Breathing by Heather Allen won in a contest from Mary's Crazy Book Obsession.


My good friend, Francine is such a sneaky (and very thoughtful) girl! She knows that Ryan Christensen is one of my top BBFs and had Tina Reber sign Love Unrehearsed behind my back when we were at BAE. I had no idea until she gave it to me when we got home. Since I have all these books on my Kindle, I had the authors sign scrapbook pages that I put together. Scrapbooking is my other passion along with reading. And I love combining the two. As soon as my BAE scrapbook is completed, I will post the pages so be on the lookout!


All the way from Australia! I never before received mail from Australia. Talk about exciting! I Love You to Death by Natalie Ward.


I try very hard not to judge a book by its cover when deciding whether or not I want to read it. But some book covers are so breathtakingly beautiful, such as Saving Grace by J.M. Hill that I don't bother reading the synopsis before deciding I must have it!


I had the honor to beta read for Cassia Leo's Relentless. It was my first time and wasn't sure I was doing it justice. But Cassia was so charming and appreciative and wrote such a thoughtful statement in her beautiful book. And look at all the sensational swag!


Some more signed goodies: Tell Me You Want Me by Amelia James


and The Low Notes by Kate Roth.


Slammed by Colleen Hoover was the very first signed book I ever won in a contest. I believe I won it straight from Colleen Hoover's blog. My friend, Francine whom I mentioned above was the person who recommended Colleen's books to me. And I'm so grateful she did. Colleen is an ultra talented writer of terrific tales! Not to mention funny, kind, generous and so appreciative of her fans.


And then I won more signed books by Colleen from Aestas Book Blog. Aestas was one of the very first book blogs I discovered on my own. Others were recommended to me and then I found Aestas while perusing the web. Her blog holds a special place in my heart because I won my first book blog contest from her. Her reviews are incredibly thoughtful, honest, and full of fun (and HOT) pictures! So, I have another signed copy of Slammed and also Point of Retreat. Woo hoo!


One final very precious possession is none other than Fifty Shades of Grey signed by the phenomenal E.L. James. E.L. was right in my own back yard but unfortunately I was administering a final exam in class the same day and unable to attend the Diva Mom's luncheon in her honor. Bad timing for me! Luckily, my friend, Robin went and was thoughtful enough to have Ms. James sign a book for me. Best. Gift. Ever. I love how Robin wrapped the book in a grey bow! The Fifty Shades trilogy is what started me on this crazy obsessive reading journey. Although I have added many more to my list, Christian is and always will be my number ONE book boyfriend because he was truly my first. (In actuality, Edward was really my first BBF, however, because Christian was based on Edward, he's officially the best of both worlds!)


So, there you have it. My growing collection of signed books and swag from some of the best authors on the block. These are truly some of my favorite treasures. Much of the swag I will scrapbook and the books have a special spot on my bookshelf and in my heart.

Sure hope all you moms, moms-to-be, and grandmoms enjoy your special day! My grandmother is almost 91 years old and I'm so blessed to still have her in my life! Much love and peace to everyone. Mwah! xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment