Author: Megan Hand
Release date: April 1, 2013
Age Group: Mature Young Adult
Tour organized by: AToMR Tours
Amazon: Bitter Angel
Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/bitter-angel-megan-hand/1114967587?ean=2940016774374
Torn between two realities.
A choice that will mean life or death.
She won’t know anything… until she wakes up.
College sophomore, Lila Spencer lived Friday night twice. She doesn’t know how or why, just that she did. As if she split in half and went in two different directions.
Out clubbing with her friends, Heather and Nilah, the girls rock it out and party hard. What begins as an innocent night will lead to a deadly fight for their lives, and Lila might be their only chance for survival.
In bed with her boyfriend, Jay, Lila is safe and warm as she drifts to sleep in the arms of the man she loves. Until she is sucked into a horrifying nightmare of her friends’ deaths.
As the sunlight warms her face on Saturday morning, the two scenarios collide. But there can be only one outcome. Will she wake up in her warm bed with Jay by her side, devastated and grieving for her friends? Or was she there to save them?
The answer is just the beginning.
- (2) Signed print copies of Bitter Angel – US Only
- (1) Book themed t-shirt – US Only (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0096A1NB0/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
- (1) $50 Gift Card to Amazon or Barnes and Noble – Open to countries that can use the online stores
- (10) eBook copies of Bitter Angel - International
US Only Giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway
To see other stops on the tour for reviews, excerpts, and guest posts click here or the tour button below.
At twelve, Megan decided to write a novel. A month later, she quit. A reading junkie by nature, she started writing again in her twenties as a way to get the voices out, because who wouldn't want to create a Real Living Person out of thin air? Megan also plays the piano and sings. She teaches little kids and takes pictures of pretty butterflies. She eats way too much chocolate, is sort of a mad scientist with her blender, and spends an unhealthy amount of time LOLing on Facebook and Twitter. She lives in Ohio with her husband and very smiley son. Bitter Angel is her first published novel.
Social Media links:
Author’s Favorite Quotes and Why from Bitter Angel Part I
By Megan Hand
“Today, however, was Nilah’s birthday. Stunning five-foot-three Nilah is of Indian descent, but her parents have been in the U.S. since they were babies, so Diva is her only accent.”
- I love how Lila describes her friends, especially Nilah. She hits it on the nose with Nilah, who’s a loving friend but privileged and materialistic at times.
“We both had family demons that lurked in our shadows, but I’d always felt that together we could block out those demons. Maybe we couldn’t drown out those voices on our own, but with his hands on my ears, mine on his, and our eyes locked together, we could be our own people and live our own lives. Be our own family, our own way. Someday. Maybe.”
- I love this line because it shows Lila and Jay’s determination to overcome their upbringings and become whoever they’re meant to be as people and as a couple.
“He put his nose to mine. Our faces were so close, my focus zeroed in on him. ‘You’re my butterfly, Lil. But it’s hard to catch her when she keeps running away.’”
- Jay has a few really sweet scenes, but this is one of my favorites. I think this quote showcases his personality and how sincere he is toward Lila.