Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Musings of a Domestic Goddess. Not!

Ask me what I did today. Go on, ask me!

I cleaned my house. Yep, I really did. Shocker, right?

People who know me personally know that I am the farthest thing ever from a domestic goddess.  I HATE cleaning! I mean I really, really, really HATE it! In fact, I DESPISE it!  You might say I have an awful AVERSION to it!  Why, you may ask? I have a pretty good idea why I have such strong, intense feelings about it but we won’t get into that here. I’ll save that discussion for my therapist.

But seriously, I will use any excuse to get out of cleaning. I know, I know, this is not so unusual…most people hate cleaning. Cue the violins. We used to have a cleaning lady, but with the economy being what it is and me not working much right now, we had to cut corners somehow. Math tutor? Cleaning lady? Math tutor? Cleaning lady? So what if she doesn’t pass the regents, at least the house will be clean! That didn’t go over too well. Guess what or should I say who got cut?

Ahhh, the memory of coming home, opening the front door, and experiencing that first whiff of clean filling my nostrils. Those were the days, my friend! Let’s face it, house cleaning is not a fun chore and most certainly not high on my list of priorities. Do I like a clean house? Absolutely! Who doesn’t love the look and smell of a clean house? But there are so many other things I much rather be doing. Like spending the day in fiction land with my sexy, alpha male book boyfriend who wants nothing more than to pleasure me silly! Except today I spent the day in the real world after getting bit by the cleaning bug. I honestly don’t know what got into me. Maybe I was just sick and tired of looking at the dirt in my house. So I did it. I cleaned. And I’m proud of myself. Might as well give myself a pat on the back because no one else around here did. My house smells so good. And looks good too. Sadly, it won’t stay this way for too long, of that I’m very sure. But I’ll enjoy it while I can.

So, what does this have to do with books? After all, this is a book blog, is it not? Absolutely nothing. It has absolutely nothing at all to do with books, except that instead of getting lost in fiction land today, I cleaned my house. So you, lucky reader got to listen to me ramble on about my Saturday spent cleaning instead of reading. But hey, you are reading so it counts for something, right? Even if it’s just ramblings about a Saturday cleaning frenzy by me, the non-domestic goddess.

What's that I hear? Oh, sounds like my BBF calling my name. He must be wondering where I was all day. Well, gotta go. You know how these alpha male types hate to be kept waiting. Almost as much as I hate cleaning.

Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. HAHA I love this! And I absolutely loved that it had nothing to do with books but just a rant about everyday things! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed it. It was playing over & over in my head so I went with it. :)

      Delete