Sunday, February 3, 2013

Let’s Talk Favorite Books of 2012



2012 was the beginning of my serious reading addiction. I’ve always had a penchant for reading, just not in the frenzied, fanatical way that was the year of 2012. If I read three or four books a year, that was a lot. So I guess that’s what 2012 will always mean to me, not the year the Mayan calendar ended but rather the year of frenzied reading, the year of my introduction to the indies, the year of Goodreads, the year of book blogs, and let me not forget the year of Fifty Shades and Christian Grey. (I promise you, I will NEVER forget that!)


In the year of 2012, I was introduced to so many new authors and their fabulous books. Who knew? I can tell you one thing, I never before read 55 books in one year. Social media is a fabulous learning tool. I never knew about indie authors, now most of the books I read are written by them. On line book clubs, author pages, and fan pages now fill my Facebook newsfeed. And it’s all so inspiring and invigorating. New conversations are born with people from all over the world with whom I have this same interest in common.


So, while perusing the many book blogs discussing their favorites of the year, I knew I wanted to eventually post my favorites as well. But how do I choose? It’s impossible to limit myself to a top 10, top 20 or even top 25. Every single book on my “favorites” shelf is there for a reason. They each touched me in a personal way. They each brought new meaning to my life. They each drew me into the story and the lives of the characters so much so that I wanted to crawl right into the book and live there forever. I mean, who doesn’t want to escape the realities of everyday life once in a while. (Okay, more than once in a while.)


Well, let’s face it. It was impossible to narrow it down so I allowed myself to include all of my favorite books. I mean, it’s my list, right?! Why limit myself? They all made me happy; they all left their mark; therefore, they can all be my favorites. So without further adieux, my very favorite books of 2012 are the following:


A great big thank you to all of the authors who poured their hearts out on paper while writing these books. Know that you've left your mark in this world, at least for me! xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. How exciting!!!!! This is slso on my tbr...and if I didnt already own it I would be all over this!!! Good luck peeps!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!!!!! This is slso on my tbr...and if I didnt already own it I would be all over this!!! Good luck peeps!!!!!

    ReplyDelete