Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Review - The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden by Jessica Sorensen

4 of 5 stars

Before I begin, I have one complaint (because it’s a giant pet peeve of mine). I say this with all due respect and kindness because I adore the author’s writing style, but my one complaint is the misuse of the words “then” and “than.” Whew! I had to get that off my chest. Now on to the goodness…

"In the existence of our lives, there is a single coincidence that brings us together and for a moment, our hearts beat as one."
The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden is another touching and extremely well –written story by the author of The Secret of Ella and Micha. Jessica Sorensen certainly knows how to tell a story that touches people. Callie and Kayden are beautiful, yet sad characters who I found myself rooting for, wanting them to pull through their private hells together. Their individual histories were heart-wrenching, leaving me wistful and sad. I wanted to step right into the book pages to counsel them and help them find their way. Callie’s friend, Seth is one of the most devoted and best-friend-status-worthy characters of any other book character I’ve ever met. Seth and Callie’s relationship is touching and heartfelt on a whole other level.

The story itself is riveting. I felt an immense need to know what was coming next. The writing flows beautifully, the words melt together, and the dialogue is moving. There is no doubt that this exquisite tale left me breathless and wanting more. Warning: This story ends with a cliffhanger, a perfectly executed cliffhanger. The sequel is due for release February 28, 2013. I. Just. Can’t. Wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment