Wednesday, January 23, 2013

LIEBSTER BLOG AWARD - 2013

 

The rules of the Liebster Blog Award are as follows:

1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you;

2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions

for your nominees;

3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs have 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)

4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.


Woo hoo! First off, I need to thank my awesome new on-line friend, Stacy from the fabulous Literary Mania Reviews for nominating me for this blog award. I'm a novice blogger and still learning the ropes but am hopeful that this will be a place where people can find some good books to read!
 
11 QUESTIONS FROM MY NOMINATORS: (Literary Mania Reviews)


1. What is your absolute Top Favorite book above all others?
Fifty Shades of Grey. I don't know what it is about that book, but it's like a drug to me (does that line sound familiar?)!



2. What was the book that began your reading obsession?
It's actually a toss-up between Twilight & Fifty Shades of Grey.  I was an avid reader as a young child and teen but then real life got in the way. Then Twilight happened. But it didn't happen right away. Actually, my very 1st blog post tells all about it so I won't go into it here. Long story short, everyone on a Twi blog I follow was talking about this Master of the Universe fan fic. When I discovered that it was published as 50 Shades, I read the blurb on Amazon. As the saying goes, the rest is history! So yeah, it's a toss-up. We'll just call it a tie. And a grey tie at that! (I couldn't help myself. Sorry.)



3. What is your favorite thing to do besides read?
Besides spending time with my family & friends, one of my other favorite hobbies is scrapbooking. I began a scrapbooking blog a while back which was my first blog but I haven't done much with it in quite some time. (Shame on me.) Once I organize myself, I'm hoping to get back to blogging on there again. I also like to play Mah Jongg.



4. Who are your favorite authors?
Gosh, there are so many.  But I absolutely adore E.L. James, Colleen Hoover, Alice Clayton, Tara Sivec, Tina Reber, K.A. Linde & Sylvain Reynard!



5. What social networks do you use?
FB, Twitter, Goodreads, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Google +



6. Which of those social networks is your favorite?
I'd have to say FB since that's where I spend most of my time.



7. What is your favorite holiday?
I don't know that I have a favorite holiday. When I was working, any holiday I had off was my favorite. LOL! I guess if I had to pick one, I'd say Thanksgiving because no gifts are involved & I get to spend time with family while eating lots of good food!



8. Who is your favorite BBF?
Without a doubt, my favorite BBF is Christian Grey. He was my very 1st BBF & will always remain my favorite since he is the reason for my present book addiction.



9. Who would you cast as that BBF?
Okay, I know I will get a lot of flack for this but my casting choice is Robert Pattinson. I know, I know, don't scream at me. I can hear you! But after all, Fifty Shades was originally a Twilight fan fiction & Christian was based on Edward. So really, I mean, have you seen pictures from any of Rob's magazine photo shoots? He's got some incredible red room of pain looks, let me tell ya! If you don't believe me, check out my Pinterest board (Trust Me? My 50 Wish List!)! Ian Somerhalder comes in at a close 2nd place.



10. What authors have you met & gotten books signed by?
The only author I've actually met thus far is Jodi Picoult. A bunch of friends & I went to a book signing being held for her book Sing You Home which was sponsored by a local bookstore.  She signed our book & we took a group picture with her.  I also won a few contests so I have copies of Slammed & Point of Retreat signed by Colleen Hoover as well as I Love You to Death signed by Natalie Ward. A friend of mine went to a luncheon for E.L. James & got her to sign the first 50 book for me. Those are all my treasures!



11. What made you decide that you wanted to start a Bookblog?
My book blog actually began as a Twilight blog back in 2011. I was having a moment & wanted to put my Twilight thoughts on paper so to speak. But then I did nothing with it for quite some time.  Once this reading addiction took over my life & I began posting my reviews on Goodreads, I figured, why not? I'm not completely consistent with it but I'm trying to be more disciplined & hope to eventually get into blogging everyday.
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:

  1. I was a literature major as an undergrad because I had no idea what I wanted to be when I grew up. I loved to read so that's how I chose my major.
  2. This summer my husband & I will celebrate our 20th anniversary.
  3. I stalked my husband in a dance club for 9 months before we actually met.
  4. I have 2 beautiful daughters, one of whom is coming off the emotional roller coaster & 1 of whom is just beginning the ride. (Wish me luck!)
  5. I'm an avid scrapbooker!
  6. I'm pretty quiet & somewhat shy until I become comfortable with new people.
  7. I'm a special education teacher & work with children ages birth-5 in early intervention.
  8. I'm also an adjunct lecturer at a local private college.
  9. But I'm not working right now! Which gives me more time to read what I want to read instead of reading textbooks.
  10. I have my first beta reading assignment about which I'm super excited!
  11. I have been watching GH for a very loooong time!
 MY NOMINATIONS:
MY QUESTIONS: 
  1. What other hobbies do you enjoy besides reading?
  2. Do you have someone you credit for your love of reading?
  3. What is the first book you remember ever reading?
  4. What is your all-time favorite book?
  5. What is your favorite genre?
  6. Who is your #1 book boyfriend?
  7. What book are you most looking forward to reading in 2013?
  8. How long have you been blogging & what was the 1st book you reviewed?
  9. Do you make play lists to remind you of your favorite books, either from music mentioned in the book or songs that you think fit perfectly with the characters & storyline?
  10. What books have made you cry?
  11. What books have made you feel like throwing your reading device or actual book against the wall or across the room?
WOW! This took me all night, but it was lots of fun. Hope everyone enjoys reading it. When you get a chance, hop on over to check out all of the fabulous blogs I nominated.

HAPPY READING!

No comments:

Post a Comment