Saturday, September 8, 2012

Review - Trust in Advertising by Victoria Michaels

I can’t even begin to describe how much I LOVED this book and it was completely smut free!  Imagine that!  For me to give a 5-star review to a smut-free book, you know it has got to be good!  But really, I mean, what’s not to love about a story with a dreamy, sexy, brooding, damaged man & an intelligent, gorgeous, spitfire of a woman who learns just how to handle him.  Yes, that woman might break down every now and then, but she doesn’t back off and gives as good as she gets.


When Alexandra White is promoted to executive assistant to Vincent Drake, VP and advertiser extraordinaire, he welcomes her via a short, clipped text while on vacation.  “Alexandra, Welcome to Hunter Advertising.  I hope that you are more competent than your predecessor.”  Lexi’s response, “Vincent, Thank you for the warm welcome.  I’m sure you’ll find me more than competent.  Lexi”

From there, Lexi finds herself embarking on a journey in the advertising world working for her old high school crush who has since become devoid of all emotions other than hot-tempered anger.  Somehow, Lexi manages to break through his defenses as he slowly warms up to her and her smart-ass mouth.  Enter the boss’s supermodel bitch of a girlfriend, Jade; his hot and witty best friend, Sean; and Lexi’s sharp & sassy neighbor, Hope and you have one helluva romantic comedy, tinged with witty remarks, snarky comebacks, hot sexual tension, and corporate espionage.
This book had me engrossed from page one.  It was very well written and the back and forth banter between Lexi and Vincent as well as Lexi and Jade had me reeling, laughing, and sometimes climbing the walls.  As predictable as it was, it still remained a page-turner right through to the end as I had to discover if there would be a happily ever after or if I would be crying myself into oblivion.  I will say that I was a bit scared but that’s all I can tell you right now.  I want you to read it for yourself.  This was the perfect book for me to end my summer beach reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment