Saturday, July 28, 2012

Review - Avoiding Commitment by K.A. Linde

I “butterflying” HATE Jack. I HATE what he keeps doing to Lexi. I HATE that Lexi keeps falling for his S*#T! I want to smack her over the head & CASTRATE him! This book had me so tied up in knots that I just wanted to scream at the top of my lungs & smash my Kindle against the nearest wall. I had to keep texting the friend who recommended it just to vent. But wait, they’re fictional characters, for Pete’s sake! When an author can invoke these kinds of emotions, she has got to be good! And K.A. Linde is just that good, hence, the 5-star rating. This book was one long super-angsty roller coaster ride full of fluctuating emotions. Just when you think you’ve made it to the top & can enjoy the view, you come barreling down so rapidly & with such great speed that your stomach is in your mouth & tears fill your eyes! I could barely breathe while reading this book, every muscle in my body was in a constant state of fisted tension. But I had to keep on reading until my eyes literally fell shut, because I’m crazy & obsessive like that. Jack is such a damn pathological liar! What he did to Lexi at his birthday party was downright MEAN. And I just don’t understand why she keeps going back for more. Okay, maybe I actually do understand. But still! I certainly hope that the author didn’t write this story based on personal experiences because no one deserves to be treated that way. I’ve been told that I’m not going to believe the crap Jack pulls in book 2. I don’t know if I’ll be able to handle it. I’m going to need a big glass of wine, no, make that the whole bottle by the time I’m done with this series. And rumor has it there’s going to be a third. Will I survive? Possibly not, but I will keep reading because like I said, I’m crazy & obsessive like that! Warning: Trust issues & insecurities occur by leaps & bounds in this book. You will be angry, upset, emotional, & tense from the 1st page to the last. Prepare yourself by reading something light before diving into this series. You won’t regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment